As an expert in publishing, knk serves the major book, journal, magazine and specialist publishers in North America, Europe, and Asia. knk offers the world's only Microsoft-certified publishing software for this market, knkPublishing.
knkPublishing combines classical business functions, including:
- Financial accounting
- Supply chain management
- Powerful CRM functionality
along with functionality for:
- Book production
- Asset management
- Rights and royalties
together in one modular package.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to work in tandem with the US sales and international marketing teams to advance knk’s effort to expand our reach, grow the brand, and feed a sales opportunity pipeline.
Promoting the knkPublishing and Microsoft product suites and services by defining marketing initiatives and campaigns and executing the following activities:
- Conferences: manage displays, sponsorships, ads, presentations, special events, pre-conference email blasts and promotions to mailing lists announcing conference attendance and call for appointments
- Webinars: coordinate and manage a mix of knk webinars, focusing on Thought Leadership and Product Showcases
- knk Events: assist in coordinating annual knk conference and smaller seminar formats
- Content Marketing: maintain, revise, write copy, and create print and digital marketing collateral (in collaboration with knk sales and international marketing teams)
- Social Media: coordinate with international marketing team to create and maintain knk’s industry brand and presence in North America – set standards for engagement and lead US team effort
- Advertising: maintain annual sponsorships, ensure all events and initiatives are covered, and manage concepts, copy writing, trafficking, approvals and on-time delivery
- Website maintenance: ensure we are talking to the various audiences we are targeting by offering specific content by target group
- Newsletters: address industry trends, product announcements, conferences, webinars, Thought Leadership, etc.
- Marketing analytics: provide critical feedback from all channels to inform the team regarding the impact of its efforts
- Marketing CRM: enter and update prospect lists as a result of promotional efforts, compile reports and analysis
- Budget Preparation and Management: participate in an annual planning process and maintain a budget throughout the year
- Passion for technology: As A Microsoft Partner we are passionate about technology and this needs to be part of our marketing activities as well
- Practical experience in digital and content marketing
- Copy writing/editing expertise
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Suite skills (InDesign, etc.) or similar (preferably)
- Website Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress.
- Marketing automation platforms and newsletter creation tools such as Constant Contact
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills and, in addition to your ability to work in a team, you distinguish yourself through flexibility and are a creative “out of the box” thinker
- Ideally, you will bring with you extended experience and industry know-how in the target market of the knk group (publishers and media)
- A requirement and willingness to travel to industry events as needed by knk. Travel may be for several days at a time.
- A corporate culture with plenty of room for individuality, and open communication across all levels
- From the very beginning you will work in a committed team, working independently on challenging projects for well-known media companies
- Our good working culture will inspire you: We have a dynamic team with great team spirit and a personal, relaxed atmosphere
- Base Salary
- Benefits and PTO according to knk Software’s Employee Benefits Plan
- Laptop, Cell Phone Service, Internet Service, Web Meeting Service – paid by knk
- Travel & Office Expenses – reimbursed by knk according to knk Business Expense Programs
- You're interested? Please send us your resume and any supporting information.
- Your contact: Steve Rutberg, firstname.lastname@example.org